Any home with hardwood floors have internal welcoming warmth, and always eye catching. Hardwood provides a natural beauty in your home since the floor is uniquely concrete free. However, this natural beauty requires careful maintenance through safe and preventive measures during cleaning.
You should use the right cleaner and tools recommended by a reliable manufacturer, or retailer. It’s advisable to purchase a steam cleaner that is safe for use on your hardwood floor. This can simply be achieved through wise choosing of the cleaner, and also getting advice on how to use it appropriately to avoid floor damage. Let’s look at some of useful things to consider when finding the best hardwood floor steam cleaner.
Choosing a Good Hardwood Floor Steam Vacuum
- When finding a steam vacuum, first identify the type that suits your need. For instance, you should be conversant with which type to choose depending on your need and ability to purchase. You can inquire from a friend or family relative before choosing. A good friend or relative will recommend the best type based on past experience.
- You should choose a cleaner that doesn’t leave any drop of hot water on the hardwood floor. Don’t forget that wood and water can never mix; water may damage the floor over time. Also, leaving wetness on the floor will prolong drying period. Therefore, it’s advisable to choose a cleaner that produces much less wet steam.
- Before you make a choice of the cleaner you need, consider its ability to lift during cleaning. Best cleaner will be easier to lift up when triggering the steam. Highly flexible cleaner will lessen cleaning time since it’ll be easy to trigger steam in the hose before it turns into water.
Features of a Good Cleaner
- You should choose a cleaner that provides easy cleaning especially when changing the cleaning cloth. It’s worth choosing a steam cleaner that can accept any type of cloth, other than cloths only made by the manufacturer. This will also cut costs of replacing the cloths.
- Before settling for a particular steam cleaner, consider the minimum temperature it heats up water. Best cleaner should have a minimum of 212 degrees Fahrenheit so that it maintains floor cloth dry even before changing the cloth.
- In families with kids, I may recommend a dry vapor machine for great results. Remember, kids will make the floor dirty with muddy paw prints, peanut butter, and such stuffs. A canister type is the best for such situations for best results.
Safe Cleaners For Hardwood Flooring
Before purchasing a steam vacuum, verify the manufacturer’s recommendation. Absoluteadt’s blog is a good place to find information about vacuum steam cleaners suitable for hardwood flooring. The following are types of best steam cleaners for removing micro allergens, foods particles and dirt:
- White wing steamer – It’s best suitable for asthmatic people, allergic to chemicals and fumes. It’s a hot dry vapor steam cleaner
that works without chemicals. It’s also useful in killing micro allergens such as bacteria on the wooden floor.
- BISSELL steam mop – It’s a flexible steam cleaner with ease of use due to long cord that enables reaching all corners. It has a
clear plastic filter which helps user to know when to change the cleaning cloth. It has two cleaning cloths in its
pack, reducing costs of replacing cloths.
- Sergeant steam – It’s a light weight steam cleaner, with only 15 pounds. It uses no chemicals, and it’s designed to clean using
tap water. Therefore, it’s one of the cheapest steam cleaners to maintain since no costs incurred in cleaning
Unacceptable Products For Hardwood Cleaning
The following products are not recommended to use when cleaning hardwood floor:
- Citrus and lemon products have burning effects on the floor finishing.
- Water (moisture) has long term effect on the wood floor since moisture is trapped in the wood.
- Ammonia, silicon, and concentrated vinegar products damages the floor’s finish.
- Products containing oil soaps and wax will leave residue materials on the wooden floor.