Image of Santa

Image of Santa Maria de la Piscina
The Ramiro Sanchez de Navarre’s son Sancho IV, participated in the First Crusade to conquer the Holy Land, Jerusalem by attacking Probatica Pit. On his return brought a chip belonging to the true cross where Christ was hanged, in addition to an image of the Virgin Mary supposedly carved by St. Luke the Apostle. Organize a kind of knighthood called The domestic currency and the Monastery of San Pedro de Cardena. In his will made in Gardena on 13 November 1110, the request for leave to be built a shrine to worship the Virgin and the splinter of the Holy Land, accompanied by a currency of the Kings of Navarre. So his son Sancho Ramirez (which would be the first patron of the Currency) and the Abbot of Peter Cardena Virila ordered its construction in the location of which had been inherited by Sancho next to the Lordship of Pe acerrada and Montoria, being completed in 1136 and being consecrated on August 1, 1137 by Sancho de Funes, bishop of Calahorra.
The name was given in honor of the pool probative of the temple of Jerusalem.
In the spirit of which had their own funds to cover its expenses, Sancho Ramirez in his consecration endowed with several houses and estates of Pe acerrada and Montoria, constituted in parish baptismal font and parishioners became the inhabitants of the area around it so that on them to do justice and you, as well that they give tithes to the new parish of St. Martin, which would result in large lawsuits between the locals and the currency, until at last these people became part Pe acerrada the parish.
Coat of arms of currency.
Around 1530 was placed on the front door of the south a huge coat of arms of currency.
View southwest of the shrine.
Father Risco on one of his visits, he found a niche that was under the stone that served as the altar table, a wooden box containing a parchment cartulary which said:
Consacrata hoec est ecclesia Sancti Callgurrensis sive Nagerensi episcopo in honore Sanctae Mariae Virginis, et Sanctae Crucis, Sancti Joannis, Sancti Thome Apostoli, et Sancti Luiani, et Sancti Georgi, et Sanctorum caresses et Julitoo, et Sancti Christophori, et Sancti Emiliani, et Sanctae Eufemiae, et Sancti Salvatoris, et omnium sanctorum. In MCLXXV was kalendis Augusti
Next to the parchment had dust and bones in tight with straps that read:
Sanctae Mariae, Sancti Joannis, Christophori Sancti, Sancti Georgi, Sancti Thome, Sancti caresses, Juliani, Sancti Sebastiani, Sanctae Eufemiae, Salvatoris Sancti, Sancti Crucis, Sancti Juliani, Sancti Jacobi
Risco as when Father made this discovery and the chapel was in ruins, the ship’s tank and relics beneath the altar of the high altar of the parish of St. Martin Pecina .
It was restored in 1975 for being in ruins, to reorganize the Currency, Solar and Casa Real de la Piscina. Following this, between the years 1976 to 1978 he conducted excavations in the surrounding area, which led to the discovery of the necropolis and other relics of an existing town in the area, inhabited between the tenth and fourteenth and serious suspected abandoned the Castilian Civil War, they moved their residents to the area where the village is currently Pecina, whose name derives from swimming.
In 2008, a replica of the blessed Virgin newly installed in the chapel, conducted by the artisan of San Vicente Javier Pangua .

Comments are closed.